Precision for the style of the Journal Francais d'Ophtalmologie (JFO)

The following XML descriptor in the JFO style lacks and so this journal is not correctly sorted/classed as a Medecine Journal :
category field="medicine"
  • While we're happy to take them here, you can pretty easily just submit small fixes like this directly, removing one step: https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
  • I've just looked and it's an automated dependent Elsevier style.
    If we added the would we need to add the category to all 2000 of their journals?!
  • yeah, let's not do that then, good call. If Elsevier had that type of data (in the old list we got from Taylor and Francis we had categories we could map, e.g.), we could implement that, but making piecemeal metadata improvements on dependent styles that are automatically crelated is too much of a time drain.
  • @Honey_Bee_FR, per above, we rely on journal metadata provided by Elsevier to generate CSL styles for their journals, and this metadata doesn't indicate which field each journal belongs to. If they ever give us that information, we might be able to better assign the relevant fields to all Elsevier CSL styles, but we're not going to make manual corrections here for their individual journals.

(in general, if you're looking for a CSL style for a specific journal, I would not use the field-filter at all, since field assignments aren't curated very carefully)
  • In fact I thought that to correct the filtering would be.... easy ... that is not the cas.
    Anyway, If end-users can find the good csl by other method, no problem.