Cannot sync files to local WebDAV server

I have a WebDAV server in the LAN with IP address 10.132.140.73, and i set the preferences successfully. It has no problem connecting to Zotero server and says that "file storage is successfully set up", but there's no file transferring between zotero and my webdav server(there's no file under the zotero directory in webdav server)
I'm wondering if the problem is due to LAN ip address? Many thanks for your reply.
  • Upgrade to 2.0b4, and make sure "Enable file syncing" is enabled in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • It works
    Many thanks :-)
  • I am getting a similar issue but using 2.04b, have set up webDAV and zotero confirms this, file syncing is enabled but in preferences it continues to say "Please note: attachment files in group libraries are not currently synced".

I have tried resetting from server several times, but this does not seem to change anything and as far as I can tell when I do add a new item the library syncs but the attachment does not.

Any suggestions greatfully received.
  • EdF: That's just an informational message regarding the current capabilities of Zotero, not an error message.
  • oops.....! I thought it might have something to do with the sync not working for me.

It will upload stored items to webDAV, but there seems some problem downloading. One version of zotero I am using is on Firefox portable, could that have something to do with it? Both versions will upload, but neither then download the updated items from the server.

I will be able to check how it works on another desktop tomorrow.

thanks
  • Hi

No, still not working uploads will work but neither computer downloads storage items added by the other computer (though the database updates fine in both directions from the zotero server).

I have found a workaround which is to "reset storage history" then all items on the webDAV are downloaded included those recently added by the other computer. But takes a while as everything is re-downloaded.

Have I missed setting something up correctly? Thanks for any hints/suggestions