Cannot copy folders or many documents from a group library to My Library

This is my problem (Report ID 1441792075).

1. I am the administrator of a large group library (containing 4801 documents).

2. I restarted zotero standalone under Windows 7.

3. I tried to copy a large folder from the group library to my personal library. (I dragged the folder from the group library and dropped it in a dedicated folder in the personal library).

4. After the drag and drop, nothing happened. This means that I did not see changes in my personal library.

Note that I can create entries everywhere in my personal library.

As a workaround, I tried to do the following (Report ID 913867439):

1. I restarted Zotero standalone, to have an empty error history.

2. In the dedicated folder in My Library, I created a sub-folder with the same name (let's call it "A") of the one I want to copy from the group library.

3. I dragged 1118 documents from the folder "A" in the group library to the sub-folder "A" in My Library.

4. The green arrow did not turn. I could not find new documents in the sub-folder "A" in My Library.

5. I have carried out step 2 again.

6. I waited for 15 minutes. No documents had been copied.

7. Then I submitted the error report.

Note that if I copy only 20 documents from "A" in the group library to "A" in My Library, these documents are copied. So the problems appears to be connected to a large number of documents.

Thank you very much for your attention and best regards,
Luca
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a few minutes of the drag attempt? You can use View Output to see if it's still doing anything.
  • Thank you for your prompt reply. I have debugged the operation, the ID is D91245916. Kind regards
  • Hello, I was wondering if you had a chance to look at the debug. Thank you very much for your attention, Luca (Please let me know if there is a problem with it).
  • Sorry, but I'm only seeing a startup and initial sync in this debug output (or the drag is sufficiently mixed in that it's hard to find). Can you restart Zotero, let it start up and finish syncing, start debug output logging, and then reproduce the issue?
  • Hello, I did what you indicated. The new Debug ID is D1046612727. The number of documents to be copied was 1118.

Thank you very much and best regards
  • Hello, could you kindly let me have your feedback on my problem? I really need help because the library I'm trying to copy locally will soon be deleted. Thank you very much