Cannot Drag and Drop

I cannot drag any citations from Zotero to anywhere, and I also can't copy them with shortcuts. I tried to look for solutions but cannot find anything.

All I see when I drag is my mouse cursor turning into the "no symbol."

Here is the error report:

No errors have been logged since Zotero started.

version => 5.0.55, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.55, extensions => Zutilo Utility for Zotero (2.0.4, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.55, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.55, extension, disabled)

Thanks for any help on what to do.
  • Try disabling Zutilo for testing and restart.
    If that doesn't help, with Zutilo still disabled, provide debug output for an attempt to drag&drop and, for good measure, using a shortcut.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output
  • Hm, so disabling Zutilo seems to have given me the crtl+shift+A shortcut back, but dragging and dropping doesn't work yet.

Here's the debug output: D1237718143

No errors have been logged since Zotero started.

version => 5.0.55, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.55, extensions => Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.55, extension), Zutilo Utility for Zotero (2.0.4, extension, disabled), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.55, extension, disabled)

I used to have better biblatex installed but disabled and then removed it alltogether and tried running the installer again. There seems to have been an issue with it that hasn't been addressed, but I had hoped I got rid of it (See the thread there: https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-better-bibtex/issues/893)
  • edited September 10, 2018
    Dragging with format {"mode":"bibliography","contentType":"","id":"http://www.zotero.org/styles/chicago-fullnote-bibliography","locale":""}
    This looks fine. What program are you trying to drag to?
  • Oh, wow, that seems to have been the issue. I initially dragged into a textbox in firefox, word, and then notepad because I assumed that to be the least problematic.

I only re-tried it in notepad, but it turns out that is the one program not working. Word and Firefox are working now!

It seems like I just forgot to re-try all the troubleshooting steps.

What is odd is that I had already deactivated zutillo before once and it hadn't made a difference, but I'll keep tinkering with carefully re-activating add ins.

Thank you for helping me walk through this.
  • I'd be thrilled to get this fixed in BBT but I'll need help from the zotero devs. It looks like there's a problem related to my translators loading fairly late in the zotero startup process, but I really don't understand that process in sufficient detail.
  • edited February 25, 2019
    I had the same problem, when dragging pdf file from windows explorer, the cursor became a red circle in Zotero.

Then I recognized Zotero ran as administrator. I disable it and now I can drag file as normal.