beck-online translator not working

An error occurred while saving this item. See Troubleshooting Translator Issues for more information.

[JavaScript Error: "Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Zotero.Messaging eval:428:2
doWeb@moz-extension://7af371cb-0751-45bb-a13d-61c590dd3db7/inject/translate_inject.js line 63 > eval:111:3
rest@moz-extension://7af371cb-0751-45bb-a13d-61c590dd3db7/zotero/translation/translate.js:1389:24
Zotero.Translate.Base.prototype._translateTranslatorLoaded</<@moz-extension://7af371cb-0751-45bb-a13d-61c590dd3db7/zotero/translation/translate.js:1379:34
" {file: "[object Object]"}]

for https://beck-online.beck.de/?vpath=bibdata/komm/KueBuchnerKoDSGVO_2/cont/KueBuchnerKoDSGVO.htm

Other translators work fine.
  • I can confirm that. However, if you just try to save any of the individual commented paragraphs, then saving them works fine for me. It is just that, if you want to save the commentary as a whole, this does not work.

Usually, we take most of the information from the grey ribbon at the beginning, but this is missing for the whole commentary and it instead just shows a picture of the cover page. Thus, I don't think it makes much sense to try to extract anything from there. However, I think, we can exclude that kind of types. @adamsmith What do you think?
  • Oh, wait, there is some hidden information (id="titelseitetext") which might be exactly what we are looking for...
  • yes, I was just going to point to that -- looks pretty well structured.
  • @adamsmith A PR is ready for your review now:)
  • This is now fixed — thanks for reporting. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting.
  • nice. it does work now. Thanks.

I notice, though, that the URL is not being "extracted". I somehow expected to be able to find the URL in the new Zotero item.

Is my expectation wrong?
  • Good catch, yes the url for the book here could be saved as link attached to the item. Something like
    attachments.push({
    url: url,
    title: "Link to beck-online",
    snapshot: false
    });

@muelli Do you want to make a pull request for that?