Refreshing citations and bibliography

Hi,
I disabled automatic citation updates in zotero word for mac and now i am finished and need to refresh all the citations and bibliography in my manuscript before tomorrow. Zotero is not responding.

I have submitted an error report, the ref. number is 2083643335

thanks
  • Click the Refresh button to update the bibliography and citations. If you have lot of citations, this might take some time, and clicking and trying to interact with Zotero during this time might make it say “Not Responding”. But just let it run until it’s finished.
  • Hi there,
    Following from the problem with my bibliography that i posted about yesterday, I took your advice and let zotero run till it was finished but it eventually came up with an error notice and deleted the entire bibliography. I have tried twice since to generate a bibliography (even leaving it overnight to run) but when i came to look at it this morning something had gone wrong- zotero had taken half a sentence from somewhere and pasted it loads of times in different footnotes and in the text.

I am due to submit my thesis today and have been trying to update my bibliography for the past three days. Its now going to be late if i can't get this sorted in the next few hours.

I can't submit an error report because I restarted zotero this morning before I realised what had happened. here's one for after i restarted- not sure if that helps.

report ID: 2118552315

Would really appreciate some help- i need to get this thing in today.
  • It also seems to have deleted part of my text along with the footnotes
  • Its also updated every saved version I have of my phd with this corruption.
  • Follow these steps, specifically step 8, to find the corrupt citation in your document and replace it:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents
  • I notice that a reply often says "if you have a lot of citations" but never with a number that explains how many a "lot" is. Zotero stops responding almost any time I attempt to do anything. Each time it stops, it takes several to many seconds to start back up again. That wastes a lot of time, in the long run. Can someone explain how many is a "lot" and how to reduce the time Zotero hangs?
  • These threads are very specific to their original problem -- start a new one, explain your setup (Zotero and Word version, operating system, size of library, size of document) and what types of operations cause Zotero to hang for how long. "A lot" means different things in different contexts.