A view to sort tags in the tag window.

edited August 15, 2018
Hi all, I'm using the tag system to classify the documents I've read, which is much more practical than collection. For example, A paper might say, he used an experiment or/and a simulation method, he used sandstone or/and limestone, he changed the variable A or/and the variable B, he calculated the parameter X or/and the parameter Y.The tag system is talent, which can allow us to quickly find papers with different tags and improve search efficiency.

Because I have set a lot of tags, I can't remember which tags I have set before. Therefore, when I read the new paper, I can only remember and mark a few tags, generating more similar tags.

I was wondering whether there could be a view to display a chain tag system. For example, I read a new literature and marked a series of tags according to the chain tag system I set, instead of searching the existing tag in the tag window based on my recall.

It could be like:

category A -- category B -- category C -- category D...
-tag A1.........-tag B1......... -tag C1..........-tag D1
-tag A2.........-tag B2..........-tag C1..........-tag D1

e.g.

methods.......... fluid........... media.................focus on...
-CTRW............-brine.........-sandstone.........-permeability
-level set........-oil.............-limestone..........-pressure
-MIS..............-CH4..........-monoplates.......-gravity

Thanks for your consideration!
  • Hierarchical tags have been discussed in various ways over the years. They may happen at some point, but would likely be a ways off.
  • Would this add-on function spend a lot of time? I think this could be set as a view of the tag system.
  • It would require a major change to the way tags work.