Only gray button on safari.

I've just downloaded Zotero on my Mac. It seems to be functioning well on my computer however, only a grey button appears that does not work in Safari. I cannot save anything. I have installed and uninstalled the connector multiple times. I'm running Safari 10.0.1. Thanks
  • Although Zotero often supports older versions of browsers, that Safari version is at least three years old. The current Safari version works with Zotero but the next version is specifically designed to make external interactions (likethe Zotero connector) impossible. I work in a Mac shop and like Safari. However for research work I use Firefox because it works well with Zotero.
  • It's about two years old (release date October 24, 2016), but that still makes it unsafe to use. @meghanw, you could get another few months on a supported, secure browser by upgrading to Safari 11 (unless you're still running Yosemite), but your best bet is to use Zotero with Chrome or Firefox, as DWL says, since Safari 12 will be incompatible.