Synchronising failure Report ID871235882

Hi,

I have synchronising failures on the zotero library which is located on my laptop. My zotero library on my office computer is able to synchronise.

Both share an additional problem. Some saved snapshots are not accessible anymore. Somehow, I think this is related with my chrome browser.

I would be much grateful for help.

Thanks,

Janik
  • For a sync error we'd need a Report ID from Zotero, not from the Zotero Connector.
  • Report ID871235882
  • Ah ok, wait a minute

Here it is the report ID from Zotero and not the connector:

Thanks!
  • s3.amazonaws.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.
    See SSL Certificate Error.
  • Thanks for the answer. I don't recognize this address. Looking at the link you provided, I am unsure as to the best course of action. My Kaspersky indicates that everything is fine. Should I exceptionnaly uninstall and reinstall my zotero?
  • It's an address used by the Zotero. The linked page explains the problem:
    The above or a similar message generally indicates that something on your computer or network is intercepting and possibly monitoring your connection to the internet.
    And if this is a personal computer rather than an institutional one, there's a good chance this would fix it:
    If you see security software listed, disable it, or disable its SSL/TLS/HTTPS-scanning feature.
  • edited July 19, 2018
    To be clear, though, the part about "recognizing" is referring to what you see when you check the certificate info for the listed address. It's not talking about whether you recognize the address itself. In this case, the domain redirects to another domain, but you could check the certificate info for https://s3.amazonaws.com/zoterofilestorage, which won't redirect. (Ignore the Access Denied message when you view that, which isn't relevant.)
  • It worked! My Kaspersky was making the problem, then.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I can now work properly with my zotero fixed.
  • Hi!

It seems, I have a similar problem (report ID 1610107948). I switched my Kaspersky off, but it didn't help me with synchronising. Should I reinstall Zoteroor upgrade it to version 5?
  • @ilyavos: See SSL Certificate Error. There's no need to reinstall Zotero — this is a problem on your computer or network.