Sync error

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero Sync Error.
  • Hello

I also have the same problem. I was told to post on the Forums with my Report ID: 1760015568

Please let us know how to fix it!

Thank you
  • database disk image is malformed
    @paromitasen: Your database is damaged. (Did you previously have it in Dropbox or similar?) You can try the DB Repair Tool.
  • Hello!

I followed all the steps in the DB Repair Tool but now it says "Too many sync attempts" and Report ID: 1302472206

I have never saved Zotero anywhere but my laptop but I am part of a rather large Group Library and one of the other users may have? Is that affecting this?
  • Check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences. Does it now pass?

If so, wait a few minutes and try the sync again, and if you're still having trouble provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that results in an error.
    I have never saved Zotero anywhere but my laptop but I am part of a rather large Group Library and one of the other users may have?
    No, database corruption should never happen unless you store your data directory in a cloud storage folder, network share, etc. It may have been a fluke (e.g., a crash during a long operation), and no real need to worry about it if it's OK now, but obviously a good idea to make sure you're backing up your computer regularly in case there's some underlying issue.
  • Still not working! Here is the Debug ID: D336469079
  • And this is the Report ID: 887633389
  • This is a conflict-resolution bug we'll need to fix, but you should be able to fix it by pasting '97U7WX4R' into the search bar All Fields & Tags mode in one of your group libraries and then either deleting the attachment that shows up and emptying the trash or temporarily moving it out of its parent item. (Basically, this attachment changed on both sides between syncs in incompatible ways that Zotero can't currently resolve properly.)