Zotero error

Hi,

Since today, when I try to insert a citation in my open office document, I always get this error message :

"Zotero a rencontré une erreur lors de la mise à jour de votre document.

An error occurred communicating with Zotero:
java.lang.RuntimeException
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.Document.displayAlertMacOS(Document.java:215)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.Document.displayAlert(Document.java:147)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommMessage.execute(CommMessage.java:87)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommMessage.getBytes(CommMessage.java:61)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommServer.run(CommServer.java:84)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)"

I installed the last Java version, the last Open office version, try with Safari or Chrome, but it is always the same error...

Could anyone help me please ?
Thank you for reading

Cynthia

Zotero 5.0.45
Apache Open Office 4.1.5
Java 8 update 171

• Sorry, Zotero doesn't support OpenOffice (and hasn't in years). You'll need to upgrade to LibreOffice (a better-maintained fork of OpenOffice) to use the Zotero plugin.
  • Thank you for your answer but it's very strange because i use to work with OpenOffice and Zotero for more than once year... And it's the first time i have this problem.
  • That doesn't really matter — OpenOffice isn't supported, so it's not something we test with and even if it does work it could break at any time.
  • @cynthiareichling In other words, LibreOffice is now what OpenOffice dreamed of becoming. Many of the OpenOffice developers left that project and began expanding the original software to become more user friendly, more compatible with newer operating systems, etc. Details about the decline of OpenOffice are available on Wikipedia. The new LibreOffice user interface is somewhat different from that of OpenOffice but you should get accustomed to it quickly.
  • J'ai le même code d'erreur sur LibreOffice.
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)