Word Macro Settings

Hello,

My current Macro trust center settings are "Disable all macros except digitally signed macros."

I am unable to change this setting as it's set by organizational policies.

I've read that Zotero has a Comodo certificate valid till 2021.

Is there a reason why the Zotero Plugin would still not run?

I've already tried reinstalling the Word Add-on in the word processor settings.

Thanks in advance!
  • What is the actual problem that you are facing?
  • The problem I'm facing is that the macro plugin does not appear in Word.
  • To clarify, the Zotero add on will not install. The macros can be run individually when selected from the macros under View>Macros menu. It's more difficult to select these macros when their not automatically grouped in the ribbon as they are when the add on is installed in the ribbon.
  • What specific version of Word are you using?
  • Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
    Version 1708, Build 8431.2242
  • edited June 21, 2018
    This is on Windows 10. I've tried the troubleshooting link with no success.
  • Exactly what have you done and what has happened?
  • I followed this guide:

"Close Word or LibreOffice.
    In Zotero, go to Tools → Add-ons → Extensions.
    If “Zotero Word for Mac/Windows Integration” or “Zotero LibreOffice Integration” are disabled, click the “Enable” button to re-enable the extension.
    If the “Enable” button for “Zotero Word for Mac/Windows Integration” is grayed out, and you are unable to click it, click the “Remove” button and restart Zotero.
    If you don't see “Zotero Word for Mac/Windows Integration” or “Zotero LibreOffice Integration” in the Extensions window at all, then you should re-download and re-install Zotero. It is not necessary to uninstall Zotero before re-installing; simply install Zotero over the top of the existing installation. (Note: Re-installing Zotero rarely fixes problems and should not be used as a general troubleshooting step. This is one of the few instances where re-installation is helpful.)
    In the Cite pane of Zotero preferences, open the “Word Processors” tab.
    Click “Reinstall LibreOffice/Microsoft Word Add-in” and then restart your word processor."
  • If you see the Macros it means that the plugin is effectively installed and you should also see the tab. Does running the macros from the Macros pane actually work? Can you get a citation dialog to appear?
  • Yes, running the macros from the Macros pane does work. Yes, the citation dialog does appear. It is the tab that is not appearing.