I can not download pdf from pubmed

edited June 13, 2018
I will be very gratefull if you can help me with the following problem: I can't download pdf files from pubmed with Zotero 5.
Thank you,
Merlin
  • Pubmed doesn't host PDFs and Zotero has never been able to download PDFs from pubmed nor is it likely to be able to in the future.

This does work on PubMed Central.
  • hi,
    in this moment i am trying to download this article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3859834/ but i can't download the pdf.
  • yes, that should work. Do you see Zotero trying to import a PDF (title shows up with red x in save dialog) or not?
  • yes, i see a red x in the title of pdf in the zotero dialog.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for a save attempt for that page where the PDF fails?
  • @heraclito2077: If that was you who emailed us, your debug output doesn't include the full save attempt. Can you try again, following the instructions carefully?

But if you can't submit the debug output, I'd guess that your network requests in Zotero aren't working generally. E.g., are you able to use Add Item by Identifier to add an item (e.g., 0838985890)? If that's the case, see Connection Error. You'll need to fix your network connection in Zotero before this or various other features will work.
  • I already sent the debug id by email to the following address support@zotero.org
  • See my above message.
  • well, i have a proxy,maybe this is the problem; i do not understand the setup of the proxy, i do not understant the following: %h.example.com/%p . My proxy is: proxy.sld.cu and the port is 3128
  • edited June 15, 2018
    The proxy settings in the Zotero Connector are unrelated to Zotero itself. See the Connection Error page for the things that affect Zotero. If you have an IT department, I'd recommend asking them for help with this. Zotero will automatically use the system's proxy settings, but if you have a more complicated setup you might need to make manual changes.