Zotero Connector for Firefox???

I do apologize in advance if this topic has already been discussed in some of the previous forums, but I'm a little bit of a panic at the moment, trying to finish my PhD and meeting some tight deadlines.

Until about three days ago I could very successfully use the Zotero Connector facility (using Firefox as browser), but then it just all of a sudden seem to 'disappear'. It is just no longer there, and don't know exactly what to do!

I do not want to unnecessarily repeat too much of what has already been covered in these forums, so I would appreciate it very much if someone (probably Dan Stillman) can email me exactly what I need to do to re-install the Connector facility. My email is: jrvb@sun.ac.za

Much appreciated!

John
  • edited June 6, 2018
    In Firefox go to "about:addons". See if Zotero Connector is there and if it is enabled. If it is not present, install it from https://www.zotero.org/download/

If the Connector is present and if it does not appear after enabling, right click on the toolbar area where other extension icons appear, click "Customize..." and drag the Zotero button from the customization page back into the toolbar.
  • When I clicked on the Extensions button it (FF) gave me a screen which says that Zotero Connector 5.0.40 is on Default. So, I assumed it is there and enabled, but when I go to the "Customize" option, then there is no ZC icon to drag & drop into the FF toolbar. Maybe I've just missed something NB somewhere?

• What version of Firefox are you using?
  • Not exactly sure where to find this info, but what I did manage to see is that my FF was last updated in Nov 2017 ...
  • You should update to the latest version of Firefox and see whether that helps. If it does not, run through the steps above again.
  • Ok, but just to say that when I go to the FF website (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new) it gives me (right at the top) the following message: "Congrats, you are using the latest version of FF".
  • And does the connector work now?
  • Yep! There was also a refresh button on the FF site, which I pressed, and now it all seems to be back to normal again. So, thanks A LOT for your assistance, and back to work for me :-)