Is it possible to have access to different Zotero accounts on the same computer?

Hi,
I am a student who is also a research assistant. As a research assistant I am working on cleaning up and organizing my professor's Zotero library, from my home computer. However, from the same computer, I need to be able to use my own Zotero account. I can't seem to figure out how... Anyone can help on this issue?

Thanks!
  • It did not work for me.
    I am using a computer in which another person was accessing his account.
    I have an account but, no way I can see that on stand alone version 5.
    I uninstalled both zotero and firefox and reinstalled them. Still, it shows previous owners library.
    Kindly help to solve the problem
  • Are you launching from the command line? With the '-P' flag?
  • I didn't understand the question properly.
    I just double click on the desktop icon to launch it.
    I had tried a command windows key + R and did this '-p'. Removed the account found there. Still it did not work.
    Kindly give your insights.
    Thank you
  • If you removed something, you may have either removed the previous user's account or your own. None of the directions indicated that you should remvoe something.

If the profile manager lists multiple profiles, select one & then click 'Start Zotero'. If this is not your profile, close Zotero, restart with the profile manager & try the next account.

If none of the profiles listed in the profile manager are your account, your account might not be on that machine (possibly because you removed it accidentally or another user did). If this is the case, selecting 'Create Profile' will let you start Zotero with the default user profile & you can enter in your sync information as if it were a new installation.

[If this is a multi-user machine & you're able to, using separate Windows accounts will decrease the likelihood that another user clobbers any of your data in any program (not just Zotero).]
  • Thank you. I will have access to the system after 24 hours as I am travelling. I will try this once I get back.
  • Thank you, so much. I could solve the problem. It was so easy with your help.
    Thank you...