Debug ID D630413943, zotero experienced an error updating your document.

zotero experienced an error updating your document. Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items.

I was testing the newest version 5.0.47 this morning. I started a new document, inserted the first citation, then inserted a bibliography record from that first citation. All worked beautifully. However, if I delete that first and only citation, and hit Refresh button, the bibliography record won’t update (i.e. the bibliography record won’t be deleted from the bibliography list). I got the following error message. "zotero experienced an error updating your document. Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items." This happened to both Word 2011 for Mac and MS Word 2016.

When there are two citations in a document, deleting one citation will update the bibliography list. That means the corresponding bibliography record will be gone too. So the error seems only to happen when the document contains one citation.

• Thanks for the report. We actually have a ticket for this, but it never got attended to, partially because this is not really the way you would want to use Zotero anyway. I'll keep it in mind.