Error Code 1820036780 PLEASE HELP

I went and put my database file on their corrupt file fix tool and downloaded and input the new file into the file explorer folder. I restarted Zotero 5.48 and then it has now given me this error code 1820036780
  • It looks like all the items in the database you uploaded were added yesterday over the course of a few hours.

How did you create your database? Did you import from a file? Have you changed your Zotero data directory from the default (e.g., to a cloud storage folder like Dropbox, etc.)?
  • I imported them by dragging and dropping
  • I have not changed the directory at all either. I just shut down the program when everything was transferred. I tried to reopen it later and then it did not work.
  • Dragging and dropping from where? Your database was somehow irrevocably damaged, so you'll need to import everything again. But if a newly created database became corrupted there's some very wrong with your setup. Usually that's from having the data directory in Dropbox, on a network drive, etc., but it could possibly be from something causing Zotero to crash in the middle of an operation (though that shouldn't generally lead to corruption either).
  • From my file explorer, just regular windows folder because I didn't see a way to mass select a lot of files. When I went to import a file from the options it only let me pick one at a time.
  • So you're dragging PDFs in, you mean?

Can you confirm in the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences that your data directory is in the default location?
  • Yes it goes right to the folder where the zotero.sqlite file is
  • I just checked the database integrity and restarted it as it requested and still have the same error.
  • I am transferring audio files.
  • Yes it goes right to the folder where the zotero.sqlite file is
    It'll always do that. I'm asking whether "Default" is selected.
    I just checked the database integrity and restarted it as it requested and still have the same error.
    Yes, you'll need to delete your Zotero data directory completely and start again.
  • ok thank you
  • edited May 30, 2018
    @dstillman Did you note that the OP is attempting to transfer audio files? About a year ago one of my students did a drag/drop of wav and mp3 files into Zotero 5 beta and damaged his database. I thought that I reported this here but I cannot find that post among my discussions.

Edit: He tried to import over 100 mp3 files in one go.
  • The type of file shouldn't matter. The database shouldn't be damaged no matter what.