Always automatically take snapshots

I do not tick the box in front of the preference of "Automatically take snapshots when creating items from web pages". However, every time I import items from google scholar, Zotero automatically take snapshots which frustrates me a lot.
  • You need to untick the option within the Zotero client preferences. The pref in the Connector only applies to saves when you have Zotero closed. Sorry for the confusion, we are planning to make the Connector preference apply to saves to Zotero too in the intermediate future.
  • Sorry, I have unticked the option in the Zotero client preferences. And there is no connector pref in Safari and Chrome?
  • edited March 20, 2018
    How are you importing items from google scholar? Can you provide a link?
  • I import items from google scholar by using connector as suggested. And every time it will take a snapshot which makes the saving procedure time consuming.
  • Do you click the zotero button to import? Can you give a link where you see this behaviour?
  • Yes, I click the Zotero button in the safari and chrome to import. All of the google scholar links are in the same behavior as I expressed. For example, https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q=over-investment+of+free+cash+flow&oq=
  • Oh, sorry about the confusion. The client preference only applies to snapshots when saving without translators. Either way, we have some changes underway that will address this.
  • Thanks, glad to hear that there will be solution for this problem soon. Thanks for your patience! I have recommended this app to many of my PhD friends.
  • I had the same (or similar) problem. I had unchecked the option in my Zotero standalone client, but I was still getting snapshots downloaded. I solved it by changing also the option in the Mozilla add-on connector (Tools>Add-ons>Zotero Connector>Options).

Additional note, as I my credentials where not set, I couldn't change it in the "General" tab but I did manage to change it in the Advanced tab (Advanced>Config editor) by changing the option "automaticSnapshots" to false.