Journal Article URLs in ZoteroBib

Congrats on the launch of ZoteroBib -- it looks slick & works smoothly. Love the work that went into the details like APA sentence case.

Couple of things:
1. Is this a good place to report issues?

2. Journal articles are cited with their URL even if they have page ranges. That doesn't typically matter for the more popular styles because they now all use DOIs, but it will matter for a good number of the UK "Harvard" styles, e.g. There's no perfect solution, but I think applying the Zotero default to not include URLs where page ranges exists for articles is probably better.

3. Getting errors for Sage URLs such as

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0020715212469512
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0958928706059833
  • @adamsmith Do you have a link? I've not seen this.
  • edited May 15, 2018
    1. Is this a good place to report issues?
    Yup. (That's what we're saying in the FAQ too.)
    2. Journal articles are cited with their URL even if they have page ranges.
    We'll fix that — thanks.
    3. Getting errors for Sage URLs
    Yeah, unfortunately some sites, like Sage, simply block all access from AWS. It's possible we could route those requests through another network to get around that. In the meantime, we should probably have a blacklist of sites that are known not to work so that we can return an error (and maybe a more specific error) quickly. For those examples, adding by DOI obviously works (and we could consider pulling the DOI out of the URL if the URL fails).
  • we could consider pulling the DOI out of the URL if the URL fails
    Given how common DOIs have become in journal URLs, and how easy they are to match with a regex, I think that's promising.
  • (Finally, if you’re a happy Zotero user, stay tuned: we’ll be bringing some features from ZoteroBib back to the Zotero web interface soon!)
    Particularly excited about this bit!
  • And even the post-colon capitalization in APA is correct! That's awesome.
  • 2. Journal articles are cited with their URL even if they have page ranges.
    Should be fixed now.