rich text in titles

Version 1.5b1 has the ability to do rich text in notes. Can this function be added to titles? The inability to do italics (for example) of words within titles of journal articles is the single biggest limitation for me.
thanks.
  • That ticket was opened 2 years ago. I can find more than 15 threads discussing this issue, and in none of them anyone has been able to point out a possible date in which this feature will be implemented (I asked that explicitly more than once), or if it will be implemented at all in a near (<2 years) future.

That said, I apologise for being so harsh. I really love the Zotero project and appreciate the wonderful work the developers are doing. I am just really disappointed because I thought this feature would have been implemented in the 2.0 release.

That means I can't use Zotero for my real work for another X years. It's a shame because it's a brilliant software.

Again, I am just trying to get to know when I will be able to really switch to Zotero for my work.

Thanks,
    Paolo
  • You're not the only one eagerly waiting for this feature to arrive, and it's clear that the Zotero developers are aware of that. However, getting sync to work clearly has been a priority, and adding rich text support to titles is not trivial if sharing data is a concern (which is the case). There is some good news though: the processor used by Zotero to format citations is currently being rewritten (in a separate project from Zotero), and people have been in discussion in the last few weeks on how to properly implement this feature. I doubt anyone will commit to an ETA, but I think most of the wait is over. I'm personally hoping/expecting that the ticket will be closed near the end of the year.

In the mean time, you could decide to use a (ugly) hack used by yours truly:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/3875/rich-text-in-titles/?Focus=26555#Comment_26555