Zotero Connector in Safari Extension Gallery?

Is there any chance that the wonderful Zotero Connector extension will be available from Apple’s Safari Extension Gallery?
https://safari-extensions.apple.com

Installing it using the provided file (presumably unsigned) gives a security warning and in my case, I could only manually trust the extension using a Tab-Space keyboard shortcut I had to painstakingly Google for (just clicking Trust did not allow the extension to install).

Also, I understand that extensions installed outside the Gallery don’t auto-update in the background, while the ones from the Gallery do. Therefore, it would be great to be able to install the Connector from the Apple-sanctioned source, unless of course there are some imposed limitations on the extension’s functionality, in which case I fully understand the current situation.
  • No, sorry. The Safari Extension Gallery is basically a ghost town at this point, with Apple taking months to approve updates. It was never particularly active, but these days they want Safari extensions to be bundled with applications distributed via the Mac App Store, which isn't an option for us.

Re: auto-updating, a future Zotero version will simply prompt to update the Safari connector if it's out of date. For now you do have to check for updates manually.
    presumably unsigned
    Our extension is signed. I don't think Safari will even install unsigned extensions outside of developer mode.
    in my case, I could only manually trust the extension using a Tab-Space keyboard shortcut I had to painstakingly Google for (just clicking Trust did not allow the extension to install)
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/305828/#Comment_305828
  • edited April 21, 2018
    @dstillman
    I see and now fully understand. Thank you very much for your reply and thorough explanation (and also sorry for spamming multiple threads).
    And great news about the upcoming update prompt feature in the main app.
    I recently migrated to Zotero and now I’m even more certain I made the best possible decision.