Can't get superscript to work

I'm using Vancouver superscript, but the numbers still show as normal numbers except the first '1'.

I'm finding zotero extremely fiddly regarding its link with OoO. Toook me over an hour to get the addon working because of Java, now I'm struggling for 2hrs just to get this superscript to actually work. I'm very near to just binning it and going manual cause by this time I could have added half of my references manually and be done with it.

So pls, can anyone help me out here, I'm SIMPLY trying to add a string of 11 references into a 2 page text and then add the bibliography.
  • What operating system are you on, and what are your versions of the OS, LibreOffice, and Zotero?
  • I'm finding zotero extremely fiddly regarding its link with OoO.
    Just to be clear, are you using OpenOffice or are you using LibreOffice? Zotero supports the latter.
  • edited April 16, 2018
    Sry 4 the late reply. Seems most of the available styles have errors in them, most superscript styles wouldn't work as supposed. But after some debating we went with the standard Chicago Manual of Style, that one does work flawlessly.

Afaik it works in openoffice just the same. That's what I'm using, and it works good now. No issues anymore what so ever.

But anyway, would libreoffice be that much better to go and reinstall the lot ?
  • Seems most of the available styles have errors in them, most superscript styles wouldn't work as supposed
    That's a pretty broad statement. Could you be a little more specific?
    would libreoffice be that much better
    As @dstillman noted above, OpenOffice isn't supported, so yes, reinstalling the office suite would be the thing to do.
  • Already did the switch just now. I must say libreoffice does work a bit tighter just off the bat. No issues reinstalling the zotero addon.

I dl'ed like 8 or 9 styles that came close to what I needed but none of them worked. Can't remember their names, but styles of Vancouver and Nature were among them. I also don't know for sure if the issue was with the styles themselves or openoffice at the time, it did bugger during installation. Doesn't matter.
  • Sounds good, hope all goes smoothly. (Out of curiousity, is that "bugger" as in "bugger-all" or as in "bugger-up"?)
  • it was more a bugger-"it was annoying the crap out of me".

Libreoffice is a breeze. Happy writer now.
  • Know that feeling - good to hear all is back on track.