Customize 'Suppress Author' Style for Inline Citation

Hi my expert friends,

I want to customize 'Suppress Author' option for APA 6 style. Can anybody suggest how can I do following requirement;

Default Inline Citation for 'Suppress Author' -> (Year) eg: (2013)
What I want to change style as -> Auther (Year) Eg: Nanayakkara (2013)

Other than 'Suppress Author', is there any other option to manage both styles { (Nanayakkara, 2013) as default and Nanayakkara (2013) as secondary option } for inline citations.

I highly appreciate your valuable inputs.

Best Regards
Samudaya

• Sorry, there is not currently a way to automate the Author (Year) style in a way where you can have both (Author, Year) and Author (Year). Suppress Author doesn’t give an alternate layout, it literally just suppresses display of the author. There isn’t a workaround currently.

I’ve found the most efficient way to do Author (Year) currently is to insert the citation with Suppress Author, copy and paste the names into the main text, then edit the curation to Suppress Author. I also often use constructions like “Jones and colleagues” to avoid having to copy many names or manage whether et al is used.
  • Thanks bwiernik. I am writing Word Macro with VBScript to solve this issue.
  • What exactly are you using the VB macro to do? Simply modifying the text will prevent Zotero from automatically updating the citation, so you should only do that as a final step after using the Unlink Citations button in the Zotero tab.
  • edited August 12, 2018
    @"Samudaya Nanayakkara" I am thinking about trying to get a similar macro in Word. Could you share the code or point me in the right direction of your approach?

I've never tried that before, so I don't know where to start, or if this will work.

Edit: I ended up with this:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/73159/announcing-zoterzero-for-author-only-cites