citationbyIndex undefined

2»
  • Although, it might have been the combination of the update and the change citation style solution. So Thank you to the Zotero team for the update as well! :)
  • ^Same as krvs: 5.0.40 did NOT fix, but switching citation styles and going back to original seemed to work ("citationByIndex[i].sortedItems is undefined" started appearing when trying to insert citations; restarting and trying new articles did not work).
  • edited March 29, 2018
    @jfduque89 Are you saying that your documents now work, or that you still get an error?
  • @fbennett there's a bug in current integration code with citations copied from other documents. I'm working on it.
  • @fbennett I take back my comment; too optimistic. I continue to experience errors... ugh. WHYYYYY. Maybe this is a sign to switch to Mendeley. If zotero screwed up a KEY use of their product, and subsequently cannot easily patch the problem.... not sure I will remain a Zotero user....
  • edited March 29, 2018
    @jfduque89 I also have little patience with machines that don't perform as expected, and I understand the frustration---but that very frustration with other tools was the reason I myself became involved in Zotero development in the first place. My own take is that this is a speed bump in a well-run project with talented staff, and I have every faith that it will be sorted out soon.
  • (I also see that @adomasven filed both a fix and a test for this issue not long ago, which we can expect in a release after it is reviewed and tested further.)
  • @jfduque89 and others: The error with citations copied from other documents is fixed in Zotero 5.0.42, available now via Help → Check for Updates.
  • I tried all the steps, nothing seems to work!
  • For @dameisraa and anyone else still having trouble, unless this occurs in a new document, see the Debugging Broken Documents steps and send us the smallest-possible snippet that's broken as requested there.
  • edited April 2, 2018
    Hi everyone, I have the same problem since I updated Zotero. Whenever I try inserting a reference it gives me this message: this.registry.citationreg.citationById[c[0]] is undefined This is a disaster as I am working under a tight deadline... Has anyone found a solution ? I have tried everything including the Debugging Broken documents ...
  • @Radidjan: See my message directly above yours. Unless this occurs in a new document, the debugging steps by definition have to work, at least to isolate a single problematic citation.
  • I am not sure if this could perhaps help someone else, but I tried all the suggestions above and nothing worked. In frustration I copied the whole content of my document to a new Document and now it seems to work.