Word crashing

Dear all,
I have just dowloaded Zotero (5.0.37) and installed the Word add in. If I am working on a document, and I open another word document, they both crash! Can anyone suggest anything?
  • Does opening another document cause it to crash, or using the Zotero plugin, after opening another document causes it? How long and complicated are these documents (Zotero citations, tables, images, captions, etc.)?
  • I have similar issues. If I open a brand new Word document and try to simply insert a citation, Word crashes. If however I open a two year old Word document containing dozens of citations its fine. I am using Word 2010, Chrome, and Zotero 5.0.41. I had the same issue about two months ago and was ratehr hoping it would have been fixed by now. Any helpful suggestions gratefully received.
  • If you only open a single Word document at a time, does it still crash?
  • Now its crashing frequently with the old document as well. Its almost unusable! I have a deadline to meet and really feel let down by Zotero.
  • edited March 29, 2018
    @Mike%20Forward Do the crashes occur when Word has only one document open?
  • same problem, keeps crashing, eventually my computer freezes!!!!!
  • Hi fbennett. If I have a single Word doc open, it does not appear to crash at all. As soon as I have multiple Word docs, it crashes. So that is at least a workaround.

Mike