Using bookmarklet in Safari private mode

FYI: When working in private mode in Safari on an iPad, I haven’t been able to get the bookmarklet working today. It prompts me for the username/password, I type it in, and hit enter. But the screen just refreshes to the same prompt with all fields empty. The password is definitely correct because I am actually logged in to the Zotero website in another window (so in theory the bookmarklet should save the article without prompting me for the password).

For the same article, Safari in public mode and the incognito mode in Chrome work fine.
  • I can reproduce that, and we'll investigate, but note that this part isn't the case:
    I am actually logged in to the Zotero website in another window (so in theory the bookmarklet should save the article without prompting me for the password)
    Private windows have independent cookie stores, so if you open a second private window and browse to Zotero, you won't be logged in. So the workaround for this at the moment would be to log into Zotero in a given private window and then, in the same window, navigate to the site you're trying to save.
  • edited February 21, 2018
    That’s a great workaround! Thanks @dstillman
  • edited March 24, 2018
    i’ve been getting the same problem. ipad / safari combination. Thanks