Changing UI Language

This design is incredibly stupid that I have to go through many difficult steps to change the interface language of Zotero.
Why can the installer not ask for the language to be installed? Instead Zotero decided to install simplified Chinese on my laptop, which I can't even read! while my Windows is default in UK English. Took me quite a while to get the language right with a friend helping.
Ridiculously stupid design...
  • Check your windows settings under Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Administrative -> Language for non-Unicode programs. We're aware that this setting doesn't make a lot of sense, but that's what Mozilla (the underlying technology that Zotero uses) looks at to determine the UI language. We're working on a fix.
  • @aurimas: MLZ borrows the logic of Zotero for this, but there is also a UI language selector in the preferences (in the Languages panel) that the user can use to fix things up if the environment makes an undesired choice.

@ernzilver: Take a deep breath.
  • Hi - does anyone know if there is still a UI language selector within Zotero? I'm not seeing this in Preferences
  • Ah never mind, found it. In case anyone else comes across this (and in case you can't read the menu), it was under:
    Edit (second item from left up top)
    Preferences (last item in Edit dropdown)
    General (first tab on Preferences)
    Language (3rd item on General tab)