Archives of Sexual Behavior citation style does not match journal's specs

I am submitting an article to the Archives of Sexual Behavior. The editor has stated they follow APA style and specified that 1) the References section should not include "the" before a journal's name and 2) issue numbers for the journal should not be included. When I set Zotero to use the "APA 6th edition" and "Archives of Sexual Behavior" citation style both include "The" before a journal's name and issue numbers are included.
Here is an example of a reference that Zotero produced for my paper when I selected to use "Archives of Sexual Behavior" citation style.
Rickert, V. I., Hassed, S. J., Hendon, A. E., & Cunniff, C. (1996). The effects of peer ridicule on depression and self-image among adolescent females with Turner syndrome. The Journal of Adolescent Health: Official Publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine, 19(1), 34–38. doi:10.1016/1054-139X(95)00225-H

1) Is there any easy way for me to remove the word "the" before a journal's name in my References section?
2) Would it be possible to update the coding for Zotero's Archives of Sexual Behavior citation style?
Thank you.
  • 1) You will need to remove the "The" from your item data in Zotero. Zotero doesn't modify the content of the Journal Title field at all when formatting the citations (other than to abbreviate the journal titles for some styles). If you sort your library by the Publication column in Zotero, all of the items with "The" at the beginning will cluster together, so it will be fairly quick to make the necessary modifications. You will also want to remove Journal Subtitles like "Official Publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine", which also aren't typically included in references.

2) There isn't any issue with the journal style--this is an issue with your data in Zotero.