not able to enter citations into word document and word frequently shutting down when citations ente

I have used zotero for many years but recently I'm getting this message whenever I try to enter a citation:
zotero experienced an error updating your document citation [(j-1)].sorteditems.slice(...)[0] is undefined.

Also, along with this several times lately when I try to enter a citation it shuts down my Word program

Any assist would be appreciated as I'm in the final days of writing my PhD dissertation.
Thanks
Mary V
  • Could you follow step 8 of debugging broken documents instructions and email the broken snippet to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • edited March 18, 2018
    @Mary%20VW You can install the Zotero beta build, which includes a fix for this issue. You can install it over your current Zotero installation, your data will remain intact. We will have the fix out in Zotero proper soon.
  • I had the same error message as Mary when trying to add a citation to my document occurring since last Thursday (with no shut-downs of Word, though). Today, after trying to fix the error by installing the Zotero beta build, the error message changed to:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
    citationByIndex[i].sortedItems is undefined

What else could I try?
    Looking forward to any sort of help!
    Cheers
    Magdalena
  • @maluk Could you follow step 8 of debugging broken documents instructions and email the broken snippet to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • Thanks for getting back to me so fast!
    I did and found 3 trouble causing citations so far that I'll email but there seem to be more...

I now also tried step 4 and 5 of the debugging list and it helped me to use my original file again without trouble. Thank you!