help - updated Zotero and lost all citations saved on firebox - how do i retrieve?

Hi All, I'm not tech savy at all but I was forced to download zotero 5 on firefox. After doing so, I have the save to firefox button but where's all the citations I've been saving since 2016. It appears now when I save to zotero, it saves to my online version but in the past I didn't use the online version I used the desktop that was linked to firefox. Please help!!!!!!!
  • Install Zotero (formerly "Standalone") from https://www.zotero.org/
    On installing it should find your old citation database.
  • Hello, I have tried that several times. I even went to my firefox settings to see if the extension was working. I clicked on the advanced settings and received this.
    {Javascript Error: "Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist." {file:"undefined"}]
  • Sorry, I don't understand what's not working. Forget about Firefox for a moment.

Zotero is a standalone software that you need to install and run. Have you tried that? And if you have and it doesn't work, what exactly happens? (You can't open the software? You can open it but it's empty? Something else?)
  • Hi, I was able to finally download the standalone software. I realized I was missing a step, I had to go into my downloads and click open and save. I now have all of my saved citations. Thanks for your assistance.