new WebDAV sync issue (box.com)

Since the update to 5.0.37 this morning I'm experiencing a sync problem with box.com.

Here the error message:

An unknown error occurred.
Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator.
HTTP 423

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
  • Hi there hisasul, yes i see the same message. About a month ago i had other related problems with webdav, but went away after the upgrade to version 5.0.35. I am curious if there is a solution to this one. I have a more detailed message and I reported the error.
  • I'm also getting this error.
  • are you also reporting this to box? I assume Dan will look at this on the Zotero side, but chances are this is a box.com error.
  • Yes, you’ll need to take this up with Box. 423 means “Locked”, and Zotero doesn’t even use WebDAV locking functionality. This was almost certainly not due to any changes in Zotero.
  • I'm getting the same error message.
  • edited March 13, 2018
    There's nothing we can do about it, so there's no real point in further posts about it here until it's fixed. You'll need to talk to Box.
  • Thanks dstillman! My box diagnostics seems to be OK. I'm also waiting for their response.

My report ID: 1224889679
  • I also started having the same problem since yesterday!

My Zotero report ID is 11257001
  • Again, there's no need for more reports here — this is a Box issue, so you'll have to talk to them (and mention the HTTP 423 error). There's nothing we can do about this on our end.
  • I have the same problem, I submitted a ticket to box, they said it's functional, even now I could access box WebDAV using file browser (both Finder and PCManFM).
  • edited March 13, 2018
    It's not really a question of being "functional" in general terms — you'll need to tell them that you (and others) are suddenly getting 423 errors for PUT requests from a client that doesn't set WebDAV locks to begin with.
  • Got it. Thanks.
  • Have the same issue and just reported to Box. Also realized that people using other webdav clients with box are having the same issue, so It definitely is a Box problem. Please everyone keep reporting to Box.
  • I am having the same problem. I have created a support ticket with Box, as well as provided a link to this thread.
  • Box responded and said they are aware and will address it.
  • edited March 14, 2018
    Mine just synced properly. I will monitor it. If the problem repeats, I'll post here.
  • edited March 14, 2018
    Box fixed the issue. For future, box reacted after several people reported and especially after I told the ". I and others are suddenly getting 423 errors for PUT requests from a client that doesn't set WebDAV locks, to begin with." Thanks to @dstillman. after that point, second customer service representative told me that engineers start working on it and they resolved it overnight.
This discussion has been closed.