Error : add "a" "b" "c" in my citation/erreur d'ajout dans citations de "a" et "b" ou "c"

Hello,
I have a problem with zotero because there are some adds in my citations like "a" "b" "c" as if I already quote the author. Nevertheless I have this author just one time in my zotero's library. Zotero is also adding several times the author in my bibliography. In fact when I add a citation it suggests me to add the title from my library or the title "already quote"...
My problem is that I inspire myself from a doc that used some item like mine. Sometimes I did a copy-stick before change my text and I think the original problem is here...
Do you know how to fix it please ?
Thank you very much for understanding and helping me
Lydia

Bonjour,
J'ai un problème avec zotero car il me rajoute dans mes citations des "a" "b" ou "c" comme si j'avais déjà cité l'auteur et l'ouvrage alors que je n'ai qu'une seule fois cette auteur et ouvrage dans ma bibliothèque zotero. Il me rajoute également dans ma bibliographie plusieurs fois cet auteur associé à cet ouvrage. Quand j'ajoute la citation il me propose le titre issu de ma bibliothèque OU des titres "déjà cité"....
Mon problème est que je me suis inspirée d'un document word ayant utilisé certains mêmes ouvrages que moi, j'ai possiblement fait quelques copié-collé avant de modifier le texte et il me semble que là est l'origine du problème.
Pensez vous que je puisse faire une manipulation pour stopper cette erreur?
Merci pour votre compréhension et votre aide
Lydia
  • Go over each citation of this author/work, click Add/Edit Citation, remove the cited item and re-add it from your library.

It is not clear how this had happened, but you either had accidentally removed the item from your library and then re-added it, or you had a duplicate that you had cited earlier, so the citation in your document is associated with the "other" item that is now gone from your library, not linked to the item in your current library.
  • Thank you very much for helping me, it works ! I just have one citation without "b" in the text and it continue to add me in double in the bibliography but I think its a bug. For the others I had the same problem, what you suggest me worked.
    Thanks
  • Good to hear that your document is working better. It is unlikely that a double entry in the bibliography could be caused by a bug in the software. If you remove the entire bibliography and reinsert it, is the repeated item still there?
  • Hello fbennett, if I remove my entire bibliography, the repeated item is still there just for one author. In my text the citation of this author appear only with a "a" in my full document but is still quote twice in the bibliography... :/