citatons and bibliography: preserving field codes when copying text and pasting in Fidus Writer

2»
  • I am playing around with the citation style editor (the "Download Style"-button seems not to work).
    What browser are you using? We had another report about this recently with Safari.
  • There is no way to show what type is being referenced, is there?
    you can quickly see the type under "Example Citations" at the top right and you can see all metadata for all those items in the Search by Example area on the left.
  • > What browser are you using?
    Chrome. It worked when I reloaded the browser.

> you can quickly see the type under "Example Citations" at the top right and you can see all metadata for all those items in the Search by Example area on the left.

Right, but how do I get the type output into the inline citation? This looks like it should work, but a bit cumbersome.

<choose>
    <if type="article" match="any">
    <text value="type: article"/>
    </if>
    <else-if type="article-journal" match="any">
    <text value="type: article-journal"/>
    </else-if>
    <else-if type="article-magazine" match="any">
    <text value="type: article-magazine"/>
    </else-if>
    </choose>
  • edited December 10, 2017
    I’m not really following what you’re looking for. If you want to output an item type, you can just use in CSL <text variable=“type”/>. But as others have said in this thread, CSL styles are more intended for lossless data transfer, so you will not be able to achieve smooth transfer of data from any CSL style to a raw data format.
  • > If you want to output an item item, you can just use in CSL <text variable=“type”/>.

Interesting. I could not find this in the documentation or the editor.

> But as others have said in this thread, CSL styles are more intended for lossless data transfer, so you will not be able to achieve smooth transfer of data from any CSL style to a raw data format.

Right, not 100% perfect, but there isn't really an alternative either for handling paste. The only thing we can really do is pick a delimiter that is sufficiently odd so that it does not appear in the text naturally, and then hope for the best. In most cases it should work.
  • <text variable=“type”/> is not a valid code but it works. But do not remember, that some Zotero types are mapped to the different CSL types - see https://aurimasv.github.io/z2csl/typeMap.xml
    code by @johanneswilm looks better for me
  • The latest BBT has a hidden preference that will make the BBT citation key show up as the "note" field in a style. Something like this could then be used to render a bibliography (in word or in LO) that has pandoc-ish citation keys, but with the citation key available to the CSL processor, you should be able to render just about anything you want.
  • I asked in the LibreOffice forums why those tags are being stripped out when producing the HTML for export: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/147383/reference-marks-in-texthtml-clipboard/