Newspaper date format

The (default) date format for newspaper articles seems to be "month year". I would like to change it to "date month year". Is this possible?
Sorry, if I have overlooked something obvious. I'm new to Zotero (just migrated from Mendeley) and have searced the forum, but found no answers.
  • default where? In a citation style? (which?) On import? (from where?)
    Zotero doesn't have a default date format itself -- it allows full dates for all item types.
  • In the "date" field in the desktop application. However, I just found out by coincidence, that you can just type in the date as you like. So, there was an obvious solution ;-)
    However, it's not that intuitive. Since there are a marking of the format to the right of the field, the intuitive thing is to click on that to change the format. Which you can't. The next thing I tried was right-clicking in the field itself. Then I looked under "settings". But OK, when you know how to do it......
  • the markers just show what Zotero parses from the input date string.
  • I agree that the current display is counter-intuitive.
  • We really haven't had many complaints about this (beyond the very real localization issues) -- not sure how else the field should work?

E.g. I find date pickers tedious, especially since literature dates cover multiple hundred years. Having to select a "date mode" like the OP expected is also a lot less practical then simply being able to type a data in any convenient format. All other Zotero fields work by simply writing into them.