Word citation doesn't work properly

I have issues with the citation of titles in footnotes

When I try to add a new citation via Zotero Plug In into my word document either I get displayed only "(1)" but not the actual citation. And If I alternatively try the citation via "Drag and Drop" I get some crazy footnotes with all the keywords etc. At least the drag and drop option ahas lready worked out on my new Mac.

Did some new update heavily go wrong
  • Click "Add/Edit Bibliography" to see the full references or switch to a different citation style under "Set Document Preferences"
  • okay thanks for the quick response, that helped a little, but now the bibliography shows up in my written text not in the footnotes as I planned. And the drag and drop mode also doesn't operate properly. If I try it I get a footnote that goes like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    MyLibraryZotero6Johnson, DominicSchlindwein, SimoneSchmolze, BiancaTatort Kongo: Prozess in Deutschland: die Verbrechen der ruandischen Miliz FDLR und der Versuch einer juristischen AufarbeitungTatort Kongo5041. AuflageCivil War, 1994Congo (Democratic Republic)Ethnic relationsForces démocratiques de libération du RwandaGermanyHistory AtrocitiesHutu (African people)Militia movementsMurwanashyaka, IgnaceRwandaTrials (Crimes against humanity)Trials (Genocide)20162016BerlinCh. Links Verlag978-3-86153-871-4KZ1201.M87 A3 2016Library of Congress ISBN
  • It sounds like you've now added a separate bibliography in your document. If you want the cited items to appear exclusively in footnotes, see this thread for limitations of Word, and for a user-contributed citation style that could work.