style design: where is "last-page"

Hi,

I'm trying to design a style. There is an argument "page-first" and "pages", but I'm looking for "page-last", for exemple If I tried to get pages as 10:15… How could I proceed, either changing "-" to ":" or pliting 10 and 15 in order to be free to use wichever symbol be them?
  • You can't access last page in CSL (since that's never used by itself in a citation style as far as we know).
    You can set the page-range-delimiter in CSL, see e.g. https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/american-medical-association.csl#L29 for an example.
    If you have any choice in this, though, using a colon as a page-range-delimiter is a bad idea in a citation style. It'll invariably be read as "volume 10, page 15" because the colon is used commonly as a delimiter between volume and page number and never (in the >1000 different styles we have) between pages.
  • Use the page variable and add something like this near the beginning of the style:

<locale xml:lang="en">
    <terms>
    <term name="page-range-delimiter">:</term>
    </terms>
    </locale>

See for an example:
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/master/american-medical-association-alphabetical.csl#L23
  • Something weired: If I use several caracter in that field, it triple to output…
  • I remember that being a bug in the citation processor that was fixed a while back. Try to install the Propachi plugin (which updates the processor to the newest version):
    https://github.com/Juris-M/propachi-vanilla/releases

If it fixes the issue, you can uninstall the plugin the next time Zotero updates.
  • Well… I cannot install it… it said it was not an appropriate format…

Anyway, it's not local, it does also triple in the only tool to design styles…
  • You've downloaded this .xpi file and tried to install it in Zotero?
    https://github.com/Juris-M/propachi-vanilla/releases/download/v1.1.112/propachi-vanilla-v1.1.112-fx.xpi

Not sure what you mean by "the only tool to design styles..."
  • I assume that refers to the visual editor which also currently uses a fairly old version of the citation processor.
  • I wanted indeed to writte "on-line" my mistake…

I downloaded the file, but I could not install it
  • You want to install in Zotero under Tools-->Add-ons. Have you tried?
  • It gives:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIAppShellService.hiddenDOMWindow]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js :: this.init< :: line 219" data: no]
    this.init<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:219:13
    From previous event:
    ZoteroService@file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/components/zotero-service.js:346:4
    installProcessor<@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Users/benjamin/Library/Application%20Support/Zotero/Profiles/07uisjty.default/extensions/propachi-vanilla@juris-m.github.io/bootstrap.js:47:14
    observe@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Users/benjamin/Library/Application%20Support/Zotero/Profiles/07uisjty.default/extensions/propachi-vanilla@juris-m.github.io/bootstrap.js:102:9
    setDefaultPrefs@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Users/benjamin/Library/Application%20Support/Zotero/Profiles/07uisjty.default/extensions/propachi-vanilla@juris-m.github.io/bootstrap.js:34:9
    startup@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> file:///Users/benjamin/Library/Application%20Support/Zotero/Profiles/07uisjty.default/extensions/propachi-vanilla@juris-m.github.io/bootstrap.js:114:5
    callBootstrapMethod@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4982:11
    startup@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:2881:13
    callProvider@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:272:12
    _startProvider@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:759:5
    startup@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:941:9
    startup@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:3145:5
    observe@resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:65:9