Style Request: Henoch

Hi all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to create a style for the Journal Henoch (https://sites.google.com/site/henochmorcelliana/).

The style documentation can be found at the following link:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxoZW5vY2htb3JjZWxsaWFuYXxneDo3ZjhiNDE4NjE0M2UxZTUy

ISSN 0393-6805

Examples:
• Monograph:
→ Author, Title (Place: Publisher, Year), page/s.
E.g.: M.E. McCullough, Beyond Revenge: Th e Evolution of the Forgiveness Instinct (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2008), pp. 88-111.

• Article in a Journal:
→ Author, “Title,” Name of the journal issue number (year), page/s.
E.g.: B. Weiner et al., “Public Confession and Forgiveness,” Journal of Personality 59 (1991), pp. 281-312.

• Contribution in a collective work:
→ Author, “Title of contribution,” in Author/Editor, Title of the collective work (Place: Publisher, Year), page/s.
E.g: J.G. Murphy, “Forgiveness, Self-Respect, and the Value of Resentment,” in E.L. Worthington, Jr. (ed.), Handbook of Forgiveness (New York: Routledge, 2005), pp. 33-40.

As requested, here is an example of an article of the Journal
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifmv1pa6bxw63pa/Forgotten_Legacy._A_Reassessment_of_Paul.pdf?dl=0
  • edited January 25, 2018
    @Dado63
    As per the requesting styles documentionat you read, please adapt the EXACT two example citations that were given there. That's the campbell paper and the Mares chapter. Otherwise we won't look at it.
  • Ops, sorry (btw, how can I paste italics here?)

In-text citation:
    J. L. Campbell, O. K. Pedersen, “The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success,” Comparative Political Studies, 40 (2007), pp. 307–332.
    I. Mares, “Firms and the Welfare state: When, Why, and How Does Social Policy Matter to Employers?,” in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds.), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage (New York: Oxford University Press), pp. 184–213.

Bibliography:
    Campbell, John L., Ove. K. Pedersen. “The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success,” Comparative Political Studies, 40 (2007), pp. 307–332.
    Mares, Isabela. “Firms and the Welfare State: When, Why, and How Does Social Policy Matter to Employers?,” in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds.), Varieties Of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage (New York: Oxford University Press), pp. 184–213.
  • like this: <i>wopples</i>
  • Got it, thanks for your patience. Let'see:

In-text citation:
    J.L. Campbell, O.K. Pedersen, “The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success,” Comparative Political Studies, 40 (2007), pp. 307–332.
    I. Mares, “Firms and the Welfare state: When, Why, and How Does Social Policy Matter to Employers?,” in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds.), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage (New York: Oxford University Press), pp. 184–213.

Bibliography:
    Campbell, John L., Ove K. Pedersen. “The Varieties of Capitalism and Hybrid Success,” Comparative Political Studies, 40 (2007), pp. 307–332.
    Mares, Isabela. “Firms and the Welfare State: When, Why, and How Does Social Policy Matter to Employers?,” in P. A. Hall and D. Soskice (eds.), Varieties of Capitalism. The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage (New York: Oxford University Press), pp. 184–213.
  • edited January 25, 2018
    Grand. I'll look at this over the next 2-3 weeks. Keep an eye on this thread. ;)
  • Thank you so very much!
  • edited January 26, 2018
    @Dado63
    - which languages does this journal publish in?

• Mostly in English. Indeed articles in Italian, French, Spanish and German are also accepted, though the editorial rules are the same for any language.
  • Please have a look at this style (right click and save as) and review it, test it out and let me know what needs fixing.
    https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/b1aa5c8e21bad0ba70cee75d9bc6cb43636cfdf2/henoch.csl
  • Thanks! I will be right back in just a few minutes.
  • I'd say it is almost perfect. If it would be possible a minor improvment in case of books belonging to a series. This is what I get:
    C. Martone, “’Recentiores non deteriores’ : A Neglected Philological Rule in the Light of the Qumran Evidence”, in F.G. Martínez, A. Steudel, and E.J.C. Tigchelaar (eds.), From 4QMMT to Resurrection: Mélanges qumraniens en hommage à Émile Puech, Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah 61 (Leiden: Brill, 2006), pp. 205–15.
    well, the series should be whithin the brackets, with no comma after the book's title, like this:
    C. Martone, “’Recentiores non deteriores’ : A Neglected Philological Rule in the Light of the Qumran Evidence”, in F.G. Martínez, A. Steudel, and E.J.C. Tigchelaar (eds.), From 4QMMT to Resurrection: Mélanges qumraniens en hommage à Émile Puech (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah 61; Leiden: Brill, 2006), pp. 205–15.

• Great! I am sorry, One last thing I noticed now: in the titles of articles (of journals and of books chapters alike) the comma should come before the closing quotation mark, not after it, so:

C. Martone, “’Recentiores non deteriores’ : A Neglected Philological Rule in the Light of the Qumran Evidence”, in F.G. Martínez, A. Steudel, and E.J.C. Tigchelaar (eds.), From 4QMMT to Resurrection: Mélanges qumraniens en hommage à Émile Puech (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah 61; Leiden: Brill, 2006), pp. 205–15.

should be:

C. Martone, “’Recentiores non deteriores’ : A Neglected Philological Rule in the Light of the Qumran Evidence,” in F.G. Martínez, A. Steudel, and E.J.C. Tigchelaar (eds.), From 4QMMT to Resurrection: Mélanges qumraniens en hommage à Émile Puech (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah 61; Leiden: Brill, 2006), pp. 205–15.

After this, everything is really perfect, thank you very very much!
  • @adamsmith
    Generally the commas are within the quotation marks right? is this an error with the guidelines or can we actually do this?
  • Yes, the the commas should be within the quotation marks, but when I test the style the result has them outside the quotation mark.
    I get this result:
    “’Recentiores non deteriores’ : A Neglected Philological Rule in the Light of the Qumran Evidence”,
    and I would like this one:
    “’Recentiores non deteriores’ : A Neglected Philological Rule in the Light of the Qumran Evidence,”
  • I haven't tested the style, but if it prints commas outside quotation marks, that's a citeproc-js bug.
    @damnation : locales have a punctuation-in-quote option that can be set to false (see https://github.com/citation-style-language/locales/blob/master/locales-en-US.xml#L16 ), but as you can see that should already be set to true for the en-US locale. You can usually fix this in a style by reducing the level of nesting.
  • If this is still an issue and the processor appears to be at fault, I can look into it if a test item is available. To submit an item, join the public Jurism Test Submission group, sync, create a collection named for the style that shows the error, drop the item into it, and sync again.
  • The style above had punctuation-in-quote set to false in the locale section, so citeproc-js was behaving correctly all along. We fixed that when reviewing the original PR, so the Henoch style on the repository is correct.