Error "You must enter a username and password in the Settings tab before using the reset options."

The error message that comes up assumes that I've not done that -- but I have. I have also tried restarting, deleting info and restarting and re-entering, and changing my account online and then re-entering and restarting. But nothing works and I can't sync any local changes to the server.

Any ideas on what to do? Thanks.
  • To use the reset options, you'll need to wait for the next SP build, which should be out within a day or so.
  • Hi again. I've created a new account and tried this with some new information (I'm the original poster of this thread). I still get the same error message. There is some sync activity happening (that is, clicking on the green circular arrow actually gets me somewhere and data is transferred between computers), but when I try to do a reset it still tells me that I've got to enter the username and password. I reinstalled etc., but maybe it's the same build. Sorry if I'm being impatient -- I just want to make sure. Thanks.
  • I'm having the same problem!! I uninstalled the plugin and then reinstalled it, but nothing...
  • @Dan Stillman ---

Any update on the release schedule of the next SP build? I'm looking forward to doing a reset.

Thanks very much.
  • SP 3.7 is now available via Tools->Add-ons->Find Updates or the Sync Preview page.
  • i have done the above update but it still asks me for username and password when i try to reset even though i already have typed them in and have successfully synced.

another question: i had a library set up on computer A that i synced with the server. then on computer B with an old libary, i installed v.1.5b with syncing ability. i wanted to transfer my synced library to computer B so i tried to do the reset from server but i couldn't as described above. so i clicked sync just to see what would happen. i assumed that i would overwrite my synced library with the library from computer B, since sync always writes to the server and not from it, but it downloaded the library from the server. how did this happen?
  • edited May 1, 2009
    Same problem here. I can sync on my Windows desktop and reset just fine, but it has stopped working on my Mac. I cannot manually sync or reset because it keeps asking me for my username and password, even though it already has it.
    Any idea how to fix this?
  • i wanted to transfer my synced library to computer B so i tried to do the reset from server but i couldn't as described above.
    You did not have to try to perform a reset to trasfer your library.
    since sync always writes to the server and not from it
    This is false.
    how did this happen?
    sync is bidirectional.
  • edited May 1, 2009
    i have done the above update but it still asks me for username and password when i try to reset even though i already have typed them in and have successfully synced.
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/6814/restore-from-zotero-server/

kaston: If you have additional questions on how syncing works, please start a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.