No "General" button

I try to download Zotero, but I cannot have the button "general".
  • Go to the https://www.zotero.org/download/ and click on the blue button "Download"
  • If you have Zotero installed and still have an issue, can you please write in more detail what you are trying to do and what your issue is?
  • I have Zotero on one computer and want to tansfer the files on another one.
    So I have tried several times to download Zotero with the link you inficated on the other one, but each time, the "general" button doesnt' appear.

• I'm not sure which "General" button you're referring to. There is not general button (the only time "General" comes up in Zotero is as a tab in the preferences). What are you trying to do when you're looking for the "General" button. Do you have Zotero running on your second computer?
  • (I have a French version)

On Zotero, there is a taskbar at the top of the screen with a group of 2 and then a group of 5buttons.
    What I call "general" is the first button of the group of five (a gear). This button does appear on the first computer, but not on the second one. I have tried several times to dowload Zotero on the second one, but the "gear" button doesn't appear.
  • That button doesn't exist in Zotero 5 anymore. If you want to get to the preferences, you can do that through the menus at the top of the program (on Windows, e.g., the preferences are under "Edit")
  • OK. Thank you.