Report ID 1061917875: Attempts to Sync with Zotero.org fail.

I have the latest Zotero 5.0.33. I ran "Check Database Integrity" and "No errors were found in database."

I'm running Standalone Zotero linked to Chrome on Windows 10.

Attempts to Sync with Zotero.org fail. As if caught in a loop, the green circular arrow continues spinning, without completing, but finally returning error report.

How do I fix this. Thanks.

Report ID: 1061917875 error message returns following lengthy error report:

[JavaScript Error: "Style with ID D:\Zotero\custom already loaded from custom.csl" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/style.js" line: 184}]
Zotero.Styles</_readStylesFromDirectory<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/style.js:184:8
tryCatcher@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/util.js:16:16
module.exports/PromiseSpawn.prototype._promiseFulfilled@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/generators.js:97:18
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromise@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:574:17
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromise0@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:614:5
module.exports/Promise.prototype._settlePromises@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/promise.js:693:13
Async.prototype._drainQueue@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/async.js:133:13
Async.prototype._drainQueues@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/async.js:143:5
Async/this.drainQueues@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/async.js:17:9

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 3C2Y2WEA in My Library:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: An error occurred"]

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1313}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item GU9AT2W8 in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1313}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item HU5V5IED in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 5VJXBDLS in My Library:

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1372}]

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1372}]

version => 5.0.33, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.33, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.33, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.33, extension), Shockwave Flash (28.0.0.137, plugin)
  • I ran Debug Output Logging for this failure to sync to Zotero.org process and following was returned:

Debug ID: D2089493716
  • Is your Zotero data in a custom location?
  • edited January 10, 2018
    Custom location is checked. Data is on local C drive.

My Zotero data is located at C:\Users\[me]\Documents\Zotero
  • I've had no previous problem synching to Zotero.org. Literally thousands of times. On the chance that the post upon which the synching problem first manifested was somehow corrupted or causing the problem, I deleted it and removed it from trash. But this did not resolve the problem. I also shutdown and rebooted just to be sure there was not some other oddity interfering. But the problem remains.
  • I see in a prior post, you [adamsmith] recommended "unlink your account from the Sync account of the Zotero preferences (but keep your data) and then set up syncing again, it should work. Be sure to set it up with the same username (which is different from the account you're posting from here)."

I did this, but it changed nothing. Identical error report upon trying to sync to Zotero.org. I'm out of any further ideas and don't want to create any new problem. So I'll wait for you or someone else at Zotero to get back to me with a recommended fix. Thanks.
  • (be very careful in following advice we give other people here unless you're sure you understand why. This suggestion very much did not apply)

@dstillman will need to look at the sync errors which seem like they're server-side
  • Advice heeded. Thanks.
    I was having syncing problems. I believe this sequence shows what I did that led to successfully syncing. In standalone, under preferences, I chose Unlink Account. I created a new password. I quite Zotero. I restarted Zotero. I clicked the button/spinning green arrow icon to sync with zotero.org. It worked for me.
    No, don't do that. This was just a server-side issue that caused some requests to slow down or fail. It should be mostly resolved now.
  • Sync to Zotero.org is working for me now. So it must have been a server-side issue as you say. And you appear to have been able to fix it. Without making any changes at my end, it is working due to work at your end. Thank you.
  • Great. Sorry for the trouble.
  • Oh boy. Sorry for my profoundly slow response. Thank you again for your guidance in response to my comment 5 days ago......