Zotero doesn't seem to update linked attachment base directory correctly

I just updated to Zotero v. 5.0.34, and moved my linked attachment folder at the same time. All my links are showing as broken. I followed these steps:
- Update my 'Linked Attachment Base Directory' (Settings-Advanced-Files and folders-Choose base directory) to "/Users/jon/Google Drive/Zotero"
- Close settings
- Restart zotero
- Turn on debug logging (Help-Debug Output Logging-Enabled)
- Try to open the linked file -> get the error "The attached file could not be found. etc."
- Click cancel
- View the debug log as follows:

version => 5.0.34, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.13, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.34, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (3.5.11, extension, disabled), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (3.5.13, extension, disabled), Shockwave Flash (11.8.800.94, plugin, disabled)

(2)(+0023033): Attachment file '/Users/jon/Documents/Zotero/storage/326QVP3F/Chapin 2003.pdf' not found

(4)(+0001736): SELECT IA.itemID FROM itemAttachments IA NATURAL JOIN items I LEFT JOIN itemData ID ON (IA.itemID=ID.itemID AND fieldID=1) LEFT JOIN itemDataValues IDV ON (ID.valueID=IDV.valueID) WHERE parentItemID=? AND linkMode NOT IN (?) AND IA.itemID NOT IN (SELECT itemID FROM deletedItems) ORDER BY contentType='application/pdf' DESC, value=? DESC, dateAdded ASC [45, 3, '']

(2)(+0000008): Attachment file '/Users/jon/Documents/Zotero/storage/326QVP3F/Chapin 2003.pdf' not found

Note that it is still looking in the default location rather than the updated location for the linked files.

Thanks for your help...
J
  • That's a stored file, not a linked file.
  • If you were expecting to be able to just move 'storage' out of the Zotero data directory and set Linked Attachment Base Directory, that's not how this works. The setting only applies to linked files. If you want to store your 'storage' directory elsewhere you'd need to use a symlink.
  • Thanks I understand and will us a symlink. Shall I delete this thread as it seems it's my mistake?
  • Nope, no need — leaving threads up helps other people with similar questions find answers later.
  • Thanks so much for your very fast responce! Best, J