Problems importing data and files from ScienceDirect in Chrome

I'm having problems saving data and files to Zotero (v 5.0.29, windows) from Chrome (v 63.0.3239.84, Zotero Connector v 5.0.31). I see a greyed-out icon that allows me to save a webpage with a snapshot for ScienceDirect/Elsevier journals, but I want to save the metadata and pdf. Usually I can refresh the Chrome page and that will solve the problem and indeed works for other journals (e.g. Environmental Science and Technology from ACS and Atmospheric Measurement Techniques from Copernicus/EGU) but not for ScienceDirect. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Today we were having a problem with ScienceDirect pages taking several minutes to completely load when using Chrome. [The pages eventually do finally load.] The same pages load much more quickly with Firefox, today. In the past I've found the opposite to be true -- that is, Firefox takes longer to load Science Direct pages. Today there is something wrong with SD's connection to the adservers.
  • Thanks adomasven, I looked at that prior to writing in. The only one I'm not entirely sure about is 9 (not blocking cookies). I've disabled all extensions except for Zotero and legacy browser support (work will not let me disable that one) and it still won't load ScienceDirect J Quant Spec Rad Transfer articles, and resetting doesn't seem to apply since it's only a problem for a subset of sites and I checked it with an NYTimes article and it was fine.
  • Note that the steps end with a request for additional info if you're still having trouble.