Zotero 5.0.30 with Word 2016

Hello, I am having some issues getting Zotero (5.0.30) to work with my Word 2016. I tried checking out tutorials how to intergrate it with Word (manually), and it seems the zotero.dotm file is already in my word startup file following this path (C:\Users\(my_username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dotm).
I downloaded both the one for my Firefox browser (Version: 57.0.1, 64-bit), and the desktop application version. I am using Windows 10.

However, I cannot see any Zotero Pane in my Citation sections whatsoever. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I would appreciate any help.
  • Zotero creates a separate Tab of that name in Word -- not seeing that either?

When you double-click the Zotero.dotm file, do you see the Zotero tab (this is for testing only -- if you see it that's not a fix, it just shows you what to look for exactly)
  • Hi!
    Yesterday, I did not see the tab in Word, which was the reason for my frustration and confusion.
    But it seems after restarting my computer it now works perfectly! Silly me!

Thank you for answering :)
  • This is happening to me too, except using a Mac (OS 10.11.6) and Word version 15.14. The plugin automatically re-installed with a Zotero Standalone update (5.0.25). I went through the troubleshooting steps (https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#tab_does_not_appear_in_word_2016), including a manual re-install, and still cannot get the Zotero tab to appear. When I double click on the Zotero.dotm file, I don't see the Zotero tab on the new doc that opens. When I then go to the developer tab and look at the add-ins, it says that Zotero.dotm is currently loaded. A restart didn't fix it. Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

• @nitche01 Update Word to the latest version (currently 15.40). If you're still having problems then, please start a new thread.
  • @adomasven thank you so much - that worked! I didn't know the tech person at my organization had turned autoupdate off, so I thought I was already up to date.