note repeatedly turns inactive when there is text in the search box

HOW TO REPRODUCE: (1) Put some text in the search box and leave it there. (2) in one of the items in the search results, click on a note and start editing it in the right pane. Keep typing now and then for 20 seconds.

WHAT HAPPENS: The note will frequently become inactive (disappear from the right panel) and needs to be selected again in the center panel to resume editing it.

OTHER NOTES: I have file-sync turned on. The times that the note becomes inactive might (or might not) coincide with sync events. I am using Zotero 5.0.25 on Windows. I think this is a new problem that appeared in the last few weeks, and I've seen it on two computers.
  • Thanks — we've seen this too. We'll post once we have more information.
  • Similar and perhaps related issue? Sometimes I am unable to edit notes on the right-hand side, but am able to edit them in a separate window. After a restart of Zotero, it worked again. But the issue reappears sometimes after a while again (haven't been really able to figure out a pattern).

Zotero 5.0.25 Mac, file-sync turned on
  • @sbyrnes321: This should be fixed in Zotero 5.0.29 and above. If you're still having trouble, let us know.