Error report 1353014490 (sync error)

Hi,

I just had to reinstall Zotero on Windows.

It failed on initial sync. The folders and items seem to be populated correctly, including group libraries, so my guess is that it somehow failed when processing the attachments.

I use a webdav server to store my attachments.
  • You're getting a file access denied error during syncing. We'll look into why that's not displaying an appropriate error message, but you'll have to figure out what's preventing Zotero from saving that file to the disk — it could be due to security software, or you might have the file open (though that seems unlikely, given that this is a fresh sync). You can check near the bottom of the text of the error report to see the file in question.
  • If you can't figure it out, a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for the sync attempt might be helpful.
  • You can check near the bottom of the text of the error report to see the file in question.
    (Or paste ZKSQHQC8 into the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode.)
  • Interestingly, after restarting Zotero twice, it has now successfully synced. I've not changed anything else on the PC or the webdav server.

The record with ID ZKSQHQC8 seems fine, both the bibliographic entry and the attached file (PDF).
  • This was caused by files with the Windows read-only attribute. It should be fixed in Zotero 5.0.30, available now.
  • Yes it is fixed, thanks.