Zotero not syncing

Hi
I have been getting a syncing error and finding that the latest additions to one of my group libaries has not synced with the server.

Can anyone help?
cheers,
Jack

Here is the error report:
[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 9QZMDAEV in My Library:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: An error occurred"]

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1293}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 409 for item 3SMI8P5V in My Library:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: Parent item 9QZMDAEV not found"]

[JavaScript Error: "Parent item 9QZMDAEV not found" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1293}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 409 for item 8WBDEUTC in My Library:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: Parent item 9QZMDAEV not found"]

[JavaScript Error: "Parent item 9QZMDAEV not found" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1293}]

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1338}]

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1338}]

version => 5.0.25, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.3; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.25, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.6.SA.5.0.25, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.5.SA.5.0.25, extension), Shockwave Flash (27.0.0.187, plugin)
  • Problem solved.
    It turns out that the additons to the group library were on the zotero website but I was still getting a syncing error.
    I put copied some new records into my group library on my pc; then zotero synced them all to the server; and no more error message.
    Not sure how it got fixed but it is fixed.
    cheers
  • I have been getting this error off an on over the last three weeks. Last time it resolved when I copied new records from "my library" to a group library. This time it wont resolve. Can't work out how to fix it. Error message as follows:

[JavaScript Error: "An error occurred" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1293}]
  • I am getting the same error message again. This time it is affecting different records though. Seems to be something related to deleting records. Zotero will not sync with the server and there are records shown online which should not be there. Sometimes the attachments are found online twice. Can someone please help with this?

Error message as follows:
    [JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 633R7F5K in Future of democracy:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 409 for item U3PNRZU2 in Future of democracy:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: Parent item 633R7F5K not found"]

[JavaScript Error: "Parent item 633R7F5K not found" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1293}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 409 for item 62TM5NA8 in Future of democracy:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: Parent item 633R7F5K not found"]

[JavaScript Error: "Parent item 633R7F5K not found" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1293}]

[JavaScript Error: "Error 500 for item 633R7F5K in Future of democracy:

version => 5.0.30, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.3; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.30, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.30, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.5.SA.5.0.30, extension), Shockwave Flash (27.0.0.187, plugin)
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error?
  • Thanks. I have emailed the debug id. Sorry for the delay
  • OK, this is caused by an emoji in an author name in one of your recent items. That should be fine, of course, but at the moment it breaks the sync. We should have a server-side fix for this within a few days, so you can either wait or remove the emoji character. Your other items should continue to sync despite that error.
  • Great - never would have thought of that! I will remove the emoji and see how I go. Thanks for working on the server side fix. cheers.