[Zotero Crash] Zotero cannot access login information ...

edited November 1, 2017
Zotero 5.0.24 on Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise

I received an error message from Zotero when I closed it after a session. I also received a message from the system saying Zotero has stopped responding. The error message refers to files that I could not find in my Zotero directory at C:\Users\username\Zotero

Error message screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Atcr8aCyjBrulOU1w-KD7VmHqSKHcA

So, I simply restarted Zotero. I did not see any harm to my local data. Plus, my most recent changes are showing up in the online library.
  • The message is referring to your Zotero profile directory, not the Zotero data directory.
  • Thanks. I was rushing out from office and missed that. At my home computer, found the files at:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Zotero\Zotero\Profiles\ABC123.default

1. Where is the profile path displayed? I did not find it in Preferences.

2. Since everything looked fine at work, and all work updates have synced to home, do I still need to delete the said files when I am back at work?
  • 1. Where is the profile path displayed? I did not find it in Preferences.
    The profile path isn't displayed in Zotero.
    2. Since everything looked fine at work, and all work updates have synced to home, do I still need to delete the said files when I am back at work?
    You only need to do it if you're still getting the error message, and on that specific computer.
  • Thanks. Just FYI, I did not see the error messages return at work and so took no further action.