Generated report is empty

This discussion was created from comments split from: [5 Beta] Generate Report from Collection does not work.
  • ID report: 1375078321
    Zotero 5.0.23
    Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
    when I try to generate a report either by items or by collection, I have a blank HTML page generated. I've noticed that one item seems to be guilty. When I don't select it, it works, when I select it and the other items, it works.
    Changing the sort by date or creatir does not change anything.
    Could you help me to fix the problem, please?
  • First, check your database integrity in the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.

If that passes, can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a report generation attempt that fails?

That might give us enough to go on, but if possible, could you also find the smallest set of items that causes this (i.e., that item plus as few others as possible), and if it's only a few items, copy those to a new temporary collection, press the "+" key in the middle pane to expand all the items, take a screenshot of that pane, and then email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?

This is likely due to some configuration of parent and child items not being handled properly, so that's what we'd be trying to see in the screenshot.