DigiBib – Importing Data

When I import data via from https://www.digibib.net/ via the translator(?): 'In Zotero "digibib.net" speichern' all what is listed under 'Sonstiges' in 'Bibliographische Angaben' is added to the imported entry as additional notes. This can lead to a substantial amount of (junk) notes that I regularly have to delete manually. I suggest that the data in 'Sonstiges' is excluded from the data import.

Thank you for attending to this.
  • This translator for digibib is based on the MODS data provided by the website. There, one see all the additional info as a separated note, which will then be imported this way in Zotero. Normalls, it is a good idea to take as much data as possible.

Can you give some examples where the imported notes are just "junk" for you?
  • For example, if you search for the following and pick the entry of the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) [1 Treffer].
    Suchanfrage war: Wörter aus dem Titel: The development of children's motivation in school contexts und Autor/in: wigfield
    I then get 11 notes with data listed under "Sonstiges".
    Sonstiges:

Full Citation Info: Science Citation Index
    Document Type: Review
    Publication Type: Book in series
    Language: English
    Subject Category: Education & Educational Research
    Cited References: 250
    Times cited: 105
    Institutes/Organizations:
    Univ Maryland, College Pk, MD 20742 USA
    Univ Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA
    Publisher: AMER EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH SOC - 1230 SEVENTEETH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20036 USA
    Additionally, all the tags are imported as one tag.
    ACHIEVEMENT TASK VALUES ; SELF-EFFICACY ; ACADEMIC-ACHIEVEMENT ; INTRINSIC MOTIVATION ; ELEMENTARY-SCHOOL ; HELP-SEEKING ; EARLY ADOLESCENCE ; INDIVIDUAL-DIFFERENCES ; STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT ; SOCIAL COMPETENCE

• Can you give the "Zitierlink zu diesem Treffer" for your example? However, I am not sure, that I have access to this. I can access anything which is seen without authentication. Sometimes these statements in "Sonstiges" are helpful, e.g. the details about the dissertation in http://www.digibib.net/permalink/EXTERN/HBZ_F/HBZ:HT002853247 . For digibib we could in a postprocessing step go through all notes and decide based on the content (label) what to do with the information.

Can you provide more examples, especially ones that are accessible without authentication?

How do the tags look like in the website (or the MODS data) in your example above?
  • Not having looked at this closely, we could also concatenate notes. 11 Notes is surely excessive.
  • @adamsmith This is a good idea. If everything in the field "Sonstiges" would be combined in one note, no information would be lost but it would be much cleaner.

@zuphilip Unfortunately, my university does not provide Zitierlinks. This is due to different subscription models of Digibib. I think their service is generally paywalled so I don't think I can provide you with freely accessible examples. Maybe they provide you with a test account, if you ask them.
  • A translator fix is now up. Your version of Zotero will automatically update within 24hs, or you can update manually using the "Update Now" button in the "General" tab of the Zotero preferences. If you're using Standalone, restart Zotero and your browser after updating.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting.
  • @zuphilip I have encountered a data problem within DigiBib and wanted to ask whether you can solve it. Sometimes the "Schlagwörter" are separated by a semi-colon instead line-by-line. This results in Zotero in an import of all Schlagwörter as one single Tag.

Example 1:
    Economics of Regulation; Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling; Environmental Economics: Government Policy; Selected Countries; Environmental Impact; Pollutant; Regulation
    Example 2:
    UNIT-ROOT TESTS ; ENVIRONMENTAL-POLICY ; POLITICAL-ECONOMY ; OECD COUNTRIES ; AIR-POLLUTION ; PANEL-DATA ; CONVERGENCE ; DYNAMICS ; TRADE ; STATE ; clean air regulations ; impact data ; measurement concept ; output data ; regulatory policy change
    The examples are from the following entry (imported via DigiBib).

Knill, C., Schulze, K., & Tosun, J. (2012). Regulatory policy outputs and impacts: Exploring a complex relationship. Regulation & Governance, 6(4), 427–444. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-5991.2012.01150.x

Is it possible to separately import "Schlagwörter" separated by "; " and " ; "? I would find that a helpful improvement. Thank you for looking into this matter.
  • Can you give a permalink to such a problematic example? I can't find it in digibib, but maybe I also have not access to everything...
  • Unfortunately, I think permalinks require a subscription my institution doesn't have. If you have access to DigiBib, you shoud be able to find the article by searching for:

Title Words: Regulatory policy outputs and impacts: Exploring a complex relationship and Author: knill

The reported problem, for example, exists with the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) entry.
    UNIT-ROOT TESTS ; ENVIRONMENTAL-POLICY ; POLITICAL-ECONOMY ; OECD COUNTRIES ; AIR-POLLUTION ; PANEL-DATA ; CONVERGENCE ; DYNAMICS ; TRADE ; STATE ; clean air regulations ; impact data ; measurement concept ; output data ; regulatory policy change
  • Unfortunately, I don't have access to digibib neither.
  • They could probably grant you access if you state your purpose but I understand that it is cumbersome.