Title for a Volume in a Multivolume Work in Turabian

In the Turabian style, in order to cite a work like this in the bibliography:

Owen, John. The Works of John Owen, Vol. 2, Communion with God. Edited by William H. Goold. Carlisle, PA: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1965.

"The Works of John Owen" needs to be italicized. "Vol. 2" should not, but "Communion with God" should also be italicized. Can Zotero handle this? How should I put these information into different fields of Zotero Standalone? Thanks.
  • edited June 19, 2017
    Yes of course, Zotero can do this. Which style do you use? I do not see any style named "Tarubian" in Zotero repository.

If you do not know, which style is best for you, you can use this tool for find best style for you http://editor.citationstyles.org/searchByExample/

EDIT: Sorry I've found Tarubian instead of Turabian.
  • @mchung it seems your example of the citation is not in correct format/structure. I've used eTurabian.com for a production of output in Turabian style (8th ed.) and the output is:
    Owen, John. Of Communion with God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Edited by William H. Goold. Vol. 2. The Works of John Owen. Carlisle, PA: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1965.
    The output from Zotero is:
    Owen, John. Of Communion with God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Edited by William H. Goold. Vol. 2. The Works of John Owen. Carlisle, PA: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1965.
    The outputs looks the same

Only small differences is in author-date version where etarubian.com use "Ed." instead of "Edited by".
  • Well -- you can work around this to some degree by adding the volume title into the volume field, but we do need a better solution for titles of individual voumes in multi-volume works. We're aware of that, but it's not a quick solution.
  • Actually, the correct output (from our Eksendia eTurabian generator) is
    - for bibliograhpy:
    Owen, John. The Works of John Owen. Edited by William H. Goold. Vol. 2, Of Communion with God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Carlisle, PA: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1965.
    -for footnote:
    John Owen, The Works of John Owen, ed. William H. Goold, vol. 2, Of Communion with God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Carlisle, PA: The Banner of Truth Trust, 1965), 123.
    It is important to input titles in correct boxes: the 'Book Title or Volume Collection Title' and 'The single volume title'.
    By the way, I think the citation formats today are simply too stiff - started as helpful general guidelines to make things clear, and now it's a major headache in writing the papers.